question about the plugin check_ntp_peer

Yu, Hui D. (NSB - CN/Beijing) hui.d.yu at nokia-sbell.com
Mon Dec 11 09:55:43 CET 2017

Hello,

For the plugin check_ntp_peer, I have some questions to consult you.

1.       In the plugin check_ntp_peer, which command is used to do this check?

2.       I see following notes in its help info,

Use this plugin to check the health of an NTP server. It supports
checking the offset with the sync peer, the jitter and stratum. This
plugin will not check the clock offset between the local host and NTP
server; please use check_ntp_time for that purpose.

Is the offset not clock offset between the local host and NTP server?

What is the sync peer?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance.

Thanks and best regards,
Yu Hui
Phone: 6479 8437
Email: Hui.D.Yu at alcatel-lucent.com