Check_Http

Tim Palmer tim at tany.com
Wed Feb 8 15:51:30 CET 2017

check_http has variables to specify both host address and vhost host
header as well as certificate age. I don't know if you can do
warning/crit for cert age. Also, I'm using a really old check_http, so
your mileage may vary, and I have no idea if the fork in plugins a few
years back impacts this in any way.

This is how I have the check command set up:

> # 'check_http' command definition
> define command{
>         command_name    check_https_vhost_cert
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_http -I $ARG1$ -H $ARG2$ -p $ARG3$ -C $ARG4$
>         }

And then service definition:

> define service{
>         host_name               host.domain.tld
>         use                     http
>         service_description     HTTPS Cert
>         check_command           check_https_vhost_cert!vhost.domain.tld!webhost.domain.tld!443!90
>         }

In this case, host.domain.tld is the base machine, webhost.domain.tld is the Apache NameVirtualHost , and vhost is a virtual host served out of the NameVirtualHost address. webhost and host may be the same in your situation.

Tim