check_http --sni on Centos 7 hosts

jarrad.stock at gmail.com jarrad.stock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:28:41 CEST 2017

Hi all

Looking for some help here.

I have a mixed environment running different distros of Ubuntu and have found some kind of error/bug/problem with check_http and SNI.

All of my virtually hosted sites are on an Ubuntu 16.04 box running Apache 2.4.whatever the latest patch level is.

When I execute check_http -H server.domain.tld -S -C 30,60 –sni from a fully patched Ubuntu 14.04 host using the version of check_http supplied by apt or via a compiled check_http from https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/download/monitoring-plugins-2.2.tar.gz I get the correct response.

When I execute check_http -H server.domain.tld -S -C 30,60 –sni from a fully patched Centos 7 host using the version of check_http supplied by yum or via a compiled check_http from https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/download/monitoring-plugins-2.2.tar.gz I get the first SSL certificate for the first virtualhost installed to the Apache webserver. It is like it is ignoring the –sni flag or the –sni flag is not being sent correctly.

I’ve had a look around Google and can’t seem to find anything that matches this kind of behaviour?

Suggestions are welcome please!