Update of check_http now returning STATE_CRITICAL

Ian M. Shore ian.shore at kaust.edu.sa
Tue May 9 08:31:47 CEST 2017

Hi

Yesterday we updated our Nagios plugins rpm (RHEL 6.9) to nagios-plugins-http-2.2.1-1, and now our Nagios dashboard is lit up with critical alerts for our SSL certificate checks. Previously they had all returned STATE_OK.  For the services that are now alerting, we were using check_http to examine the certificate expiry date on various servers that do not run http, in particular OpenLDAP and libvirt servers. We now get the following error:

./check_http -H localhost -p 636 -C 14 -v

SSL initialized

SSL OK - Certificate '<host-name>' will expire on 2019-01-25 16:12 +0300/+03. GET / HTTP/1.1

Connection: close
Host: localhost:636
Accept: */*

HTTP CRITICAL - No data received from host

Could this be fixed to work as before or is there an additional flag I can use to ignore HTTP errors?

--
Regards

Ian Shore
Systems Administrator
KAUST Supercomputing Laboratory (KSL)
King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
Thuwal
Saudi Arabia
Tel: +966 (0)12 808 0237

This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.