check_load documentation

Alex Dahlman adahlman at pinterest.com
Thu Aug 1 21:38:43 CEST 2019

Hi team,

We are trying to use the check_load on our ubuntu server and receive this
error ./check_load: unrecognized option '--procs-to-show=, it looks like
version 2.2 doesn't support the -n --procs-to-show=NUMBER_OF_PROCS as
outline in the docs here
https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/doc/man/check_load.html. When using
check_procs -H, it doesn't show up: Options:
 -h, --help
    Print detailed help screen
 -V, --version
    Print version information
 --extra-opts=[section][@file]
    Read options from an ini file. See
    https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/doc/extra-opts.html
    for usage and examples.
 -w, --warning=WLOAD1,WLOAD5,WLOAD15
    Exit with WARNING status if load average exceeds WLOADn
 -c, --critical=CLOAD1,CLOAD5,CLOAD15
    Exit with CRITICAL status if load average exceed CLOADn
    the load average format is the same used by "uptime" and "w"
 -r, --percpu
    Divide the load averages by the number of CPUs (when possible)

Not sure if this is a bug or just documentation, but wanted to flag it.

Thanks alot.
--
*[image: Pinterest] <https://www.pinterest.com/cassiefabel/> **Alex Dahlman*
Corp. SRE