Issue with check_apt plugin

Antti Nousiainen Antti.Nousiainen at koja.fi
Wed Jun 12 08:18:55 CEST 2019

Hello,

I'm using your check_apt plugin and I'm facing some difficulties in setting a limit for warning and critical on available updates. I'm using Nagios Core to monitor a remote Ubuntu host, and when using check_apt without any switches I get annoying alerts when there are eg. two packages to be updated.

The plugin is situated on a remote host and I'm calling it using NRPE. Here is a snippet of NRPE's configuration file, in which I define the check command for check_apt:

command[check_apt]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_apt

and when I set the warning limit, I get an error in Nagios Core web management:

command[check_apt]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_apt -w 10

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D520FF.DB42E000]

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is a very useful plugin and I'm hoping to be able to using with my environment.

Best regards,

Antti N.
[lkjölkjölk]
Antti Nousiainen