check_ide_smart returns CRITICAL - SMART_CMD_ENABLE

Conrad Caliari ccaliari at ikp.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Nov 12 16:56:43 CET 2019

Hello,

currently I try to use the check_ide_smart plugin with the icinga2
monitoring system. When run by icinga2 the plugin output is "CRITICAL -
SMART_CMD_ENABLE". However, if run it manually I get the expected
result: "OK - Operational (23/23 tests passed)". As I am able to execute
several plugins within icinga2 successfully, I do not think it is an
icinga2 problem. Also, I ruled out issues with user permissions - the
icinga2 service is running with sufficient rights. Under what
circumstances does the check_ide_smart plugin output "CRITICAL -
SMART_CMD_ENABLE"? Is there a known issue with icinga2? Your help is
appreciated.

best regards,

Conrad Caliari