Error using check_http with proxy

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Mon Jun 8 09:25:12 CEST 2020

Am 03.06.2020 um 17:06 schrieb PAPPAS Stefanos:
> Hello,

Same,

> may I ask you for your support when using the plugin check_http?
> We are using this plugin in script for a opsview-check and was working fine over many years for specific http-calls.
> Recently there was a change in our infrastructure and we have to go via a proxy and a proxy-user to made the http-calls.
>
> Unfortunately we get an error when using the proxy:
>
> The invocation is:
>
> ./check_http -I "OUR-PROXY" -p PROXY-PORT -b 'PORXY_USER;PASSWORD' -H HOST -S -j CONNECT -u URL -vvv

If this isn't a copy&paste error, I'd try to replace the ; with a :,
like -b 'PORXY_USER:PASSWORD'

at least the output when calling "check_http --help" tells me to do so

 -b, --proxy-authorization=AUTH_PAIR
    Username:password on proxy-servers with basic authentication

> and get:
>
> Entering CONNECT tunnel mode with proxy OUR-PROXY:PROXY-PORT to dst HOST:443
> CONNECT HOST:443 HTTP/1.1
> Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
> Host: HOST
>
> Receive response from proxy
> HTTP/1.1 407 authenticationrequired
>
> Can you please give us a hint what is wrong with this invocation. Why is the authentication with -b ignored?
>
> The same call with curl does work:
>
> curl -x "http://OUR-PROXY: PROXY-PORT" --proxy-user 'PORXY_USER;PASSWORD' https://HOST/URL
>

> Best regards
> Stefanos Pappas
> ITSO-MT Monitoring und Test
> AXA Konzern AG
> Abraham-Lincoln-Park 5
> 65189 Wiesbaden
> stefanos.pappas at axa.de
> Tel:  0611 363-14374
> Fax: 0611 363-44 14374
>

> [INTERN]

> AXA Konzern Aktiengesellschaft
> Colonia-Allee 10-20, 51067 Köln · Postanschrift: 51171 Köln
> Internet: www.AXA.de
> Sitz der Gesellschaft Köln · Handelsregister Köln HR B Nr. 672
> USt.-Ident-Nr. DE 122786679
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Antimo Perretta
> Vorstand: Dr. Alexander Vollert, Vorsitzender; Dr. Klaus Endres, Beate Heinisch, Kai Kuklinski, Dr. Stefan Lemke, Sirka Laudon, Dr. Nils Reich, Dr. Thilo Schumacher, Marc Daniel Zimmermann
> Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich und ausschliesslich fuer den
> bezeichneten Adressaten oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt. Sollten Sie
> nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein,
> so bitten wir Sie, sich mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu
> setzen. Beachten Sie bitte, dass jede Form der unautorisierten Nutzung,
> Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhaltes dieser
> E-Mail nicht gestattet ist.
> This message contains confidential information and is exclusively for the
> person addressed or their representative. If you are not the intended
> recipient of this message and its contents, please notify the sender
> immediately. Any form of unauthorised use, publication, reproduction,
> copying or disclosure of the content of the e-mail is not permitted.

HTH,
Werner

--
IMPORTANT - ANTI-DISCLAIMER - This email is not and cannot, by its
nature, be confidential. En route from me to you, it will pass across
the public Internet, easily readable by any number of system
administrators along the way. If you have received this message by
mistake, it would be ridiculous for me to tell you not to read it or
copy to anyone else, because, let's face it, if it's a message revealing
confidential information or that could embarrass me intensely, that's
precisely what you'll do. Who wouldn't?
Likewise, it is superfluous for me to claim copyright in the contents,
because I own that anyway, even if you print out a hard copy or
disseminate this message all over the known universe. I don't know why
so many corporate mail servers feel impelled to attach a disclaimer to
the bottom of every email message saying otherwise. If you don't know
either, why not email your corporate lawyers and system administrators
and ask them why they insist on contributing so much to the waste of
bandwidth? To say nothing of making the presence of your mail on public
discussions or mailing lists of explicitly contradictory nature.
May as well just delete it, eh? Oh, and this message is probably plagued
with viruses as well.