missing check_uptime

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Sep 9 17:53:39 CEST 2020

Sven Bergmann (01.07.20 15:50):
> hi,
>
> coming from
> https://icinga.com/docs/icinga2/latest/doc/10-icinga-template-library/#uptime i
> compiled monitoring-plugins-2.2 to get the missing check_uptime plugin (
> https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/doc/man/check_uptime.html). but after
> compiling i find a lot other checks but not this file.
>
> can someone point me to the right direction??
>
> regards
> sven

Hi Sven,

I'm not seeing this plugin packaged as monitoring-tools package for
openSUSE or SLES, but I don't know the reason. They're packaging each
plugin in a seperate package. There is a package named
nagios-core-plugins-uptime-2.1.1-1.47, though.

In openSUSE and SLES, I have
monitoring-plugins-wl-uptime-1.0.0-100.12.noarch instead, which you can
get from the page  <https://github.com/willixix/WL-NagiosPlugins>.

It's more flexible than check_uptime, maybe you can use this instead.
Any web search engine might show you other solutions as well ;)

You may also find a workaround with "check_by_ssh --help" :)

Regards,
Werner