[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: Nagios-plugins as Debian packages

Ragnar Wisløff ragnar at skolelinux.no
Fri Jul 18 07:16:03 CEST 2003

Siterer "Jeremy T. Bouse" <jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net>:

> 	Actually I am already working on them... I've got two sets of packages
> that I'm working to maintain at this time... One with the 1.3.1 release
> of the plugins and another a snapshot of the CVS repository...

OK. I've done a rebuild of the netsaint-plugins, but would like to have the
latest and greatest. I did not realise there was a 1.3.1. We aim for stability,
so I guess 1.3.1 is better than CVS ;-)

> 	I have not yet released and uploaded them to the Debian mirrors yet as
> I'm trying to coordinate some fixes/updates to the Nagios Debian package
> which is maintained by Turbo... I've got a diff patch to send to him
> but I'm still waiting on reply from my last email to him...

Oh, is the official maintainer also working on a Nagios core package for woody?
I know he can't get them into woody, but he has made them anyway? That would be
very nice. I have rebuilt them with some tweaks to suit us, but to have the
maintainer packages would be the best.

> 	I can provide you with the URL for apt-get that I have the current
> packages I'm testing located but if you're running the default package
> for Nagios by Turbo the configuration will fail...

OK, but that's just a little change to the dependencies to change that in the
Nagios package? If you have nagios-packges that go with the plugins we can test
them out as well.

Thanks for your quick reply.

--
Ragnar Wisløff