[Nagiosplug-devel] Build Issues

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Jun 20 22:59:03 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 12:22, Russell Scibetti wrote:
> 2 Issue to look at:
>
> On Solaris 8, I was running configure, and it couldn't find a valid ps
> syntax, even though it saw that I was using /usr/ucb/ps.  I eventually
> set the env variable PATH_TO_PS to be /bin (to try and use /bin/ps), and
> when I ran configure, it found the correct syntax for /usr/ucb/ps, not
> /bin/ps - Intriguing...

Doesn't ring any bells here - except to remind me thyat we should try
and come up with a better way to handle check_ps. I'll have to do some
testing to see if I can reproduce, but I don't have easy access to that
box at the moment.

Feel free to enter a bug at the web site to keep it fresh in our minds.

> Also, in the Makefile, the command "ln -sf" is used.  This is the
> composite on "ln -f -s".  Please change this to the extended format.
>  For example, Solaris 8 doesn't support the concatenated arguments.

Fixed in CVS.

Thanks for both reports.

--
Karl