[Nagiosplug-devel] Next release of plugins

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Jun 30 04:28:23 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 16:50, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	Just curious as what we have as a guideline for when we'll be
> making a new release other than bug fixes to the 1.3.x tree... I know
> the current CVS has some major changes that wouldn't constitute a 1.3
> point release but more like a 1.4 release... Mainly the entire move to
> AF-independent code allowing IPv6 support... I noticed we currently have
> less than a dozen open bug reports which could possibly be banged out
> soon... So are we getting near to a 1.4.0-beta1 release schedule?
> 	To my knowledge I'm unaware of any other monitoring system out
> there at this time open-source or otherwise that claims support for
> IPv6... Might it not be wise to be able to get a 1.4 release out soon
> with IPv6 support so Nagios can claim as one of the first to provide
> such support?

There are unrsolved issues with check_disk syntax.

The docs are not up to snuff -- we wanted to build man pages and an
index from embedded commnets (my project, my lack of time, entirely my

There is a cry for internationalizing. (Again, I'm the hold up, but
anybody could step in. We decided the approach was GNU gettext, step one
would be to alter the make to create the source language files from the
code. Then we need to open up a separate part of the CVS tree and
recruit maintanres [we have one for French]. Sourcefore does allow us to
marl CVS in such a way that a language maintainer will not be able to
commit to the entire tree -- we need to research and implement that).

I could go along with a 1.3.99 release, but I would prefer not to do
that even. I'm thinking more like mid-August at best. I'm sure that's
not what you hoped to hear, and if there group weighs in otherwise, I'll
defer of course. But that's my opinion.


More information about the Devel mailing list