[Nagiosplug-devel] Next release of plugins

Voon, Ton Ton.Voon at egg.com
Mon Jun 30 05:45:02 CEST 2003

I like the idea that Nagios could be the first system which monitors IPv6
networks, but the window of opportunity is small. I propose:

- release a 1.3.1 as soon as possible as a bugfix release and continue the
r1_3_0 branch for a few more weeks for new bugs. Issue guidance to start to
move to 1.4 when that is stable
- release a 1.4 beta (see caveat below) with the current feature set (IPv6,
check_disk without df, check_procs with different metrics) and an r1_4_0
branch for fixes. Full release in a few weeks.
- HEAD now for new features scheduled for 1.5/2.0(?) (internationalisation,
man pages, check_procs with "and/or syntax")

Caveat to 1.4 beta release: fix remaining issues. I can only think of
check_disk syntax at the moment - is there a definitive list?

There will be an overhead with having 3 branches, so will need to close down
older branches soon. But I think it may be worth it ("Nagios first
monitoring tool to check IPv6 networks - open source proves it can move
faster than commercial software again").

Ton

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Egg.
The Egg group of companies includes Egg Banking plc
(registered no. 2999842), Egg Financial Products Ltd (registered
no. 3319027) and Egg Investments Ltd (registered no. 3403963) which
carries out investment business on behalf of Egg and is regulated
by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England and Wales. Registered offices: 1 Waterhouse Square,
138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have
received it in error, please notify the sender by replying with
'received in error' as the subject and then delete it from your
mailbox.