[Nagiosplug-devel] 1.4.0-alpha3 check_dhcp build failure on HP-UX 10.20 and 11.00

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Sat Dec 18 08:42:05 CET 2004

> 2.2 ask you to check them (ie you'll need to checkout a copy of CVS and
> then use _your_ configure (at this stage) from the 1.4alpha3 tarball to
> compile them (unless you have the autotools on your HPUX)

I do not have any of the autotools installed on these machines, no.

Also keep in mind - I cannot actually _test_ the check_dhcp plugin on
these machines - we do not offer DHCP service on that LAN segment.  The
best I can do is test for a successful build, and make sure the plugin
displays the proper help/error messages, etc.

> 2.3 I'll also need some DLPI info from you; what precisely I'm not sure
> yet (maybe only the names of interfaces used by ifconfig).

These should give you all the details you need, I think:

http://www.bennyvision.com/projects/nagios/debug/dlpi.h
http://www.bennyvision.com/projects/nagios/debug/dlpi_ext.h

( all of these include files are from HP-UX 11.00, /usr/include/sys )

Thanks much, Stanley!

Benny

--
"... i want to be a farting burping maniac."
                                                  -- "kerry",