[Nagiosplug-devel] pb with nrpe and check_oracle

carole verdon verdon at cict.fr
Mon Jun 7 09:05:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

I wrote a script, check_oracle_databases.sh, that would permit to take
dynamically into account the file /etc/oratab to verify all databases
that it contains.

This script calls the check_oracle.sh script.

On remote host (HP-UX server), the script works fine:

$ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_databases.sh
+ /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_databases.sh
all databases OK

but on nagios server (solaris server), it don't work.

if in my check_oracle_databases.sh script i put the following lines, i
obtain that:
if [ $result -eq 0 ] ; then
    echo "all databases OK"
    exit $STATE_OK
else
    echo "$result"
    echo "$database_sid Database is DOWN"
    exit $STATE_CRITICAL
fi

./check_nrpe_nossl -H telline.cict.fr -c check_oracle
CHECK_NRPE: No output returned from daemon.

if in my check_oracle_databases.sh script i put this:
if [ $result -eq 0 ] ; then
    echo "all databases OK"
    exit $STATE_OK
elif [ $result -eq 1 ] ; then
    echo "$result"
    echo "$database_sid Database is DOWN"
    exit $STATE_CRITICAL
fi

I obtain :
./check_nrpe_nossl -H telline.cict.fr -c check_oracle
NRPE: Unable to read output

N.B: command defined in nrpe.cfg on remote host:
command[check_oracle]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle_databases.sh

I don't understand why nrpe (compiled without ssl) don't arrive to read
the output of plugin. All another checks (disk, load...) work well.

Can you help me, please? It's very urgent.

Thanks.

Carole.