[Nagiosplug-devel] Flight 1.4.8, ready for boarding

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:30:23 CEST 2007

Thanks for the responce,
I am not trying to push the issue, but I wanted to make sure I explained my
addition request.

I agree with the Client/server versions being kept together, and that is how
I have been distributing the source.

I am not very familiar with How or Where to publish a RFC, but I would be
happy to contribute to one. Is there anyone who can asssist in getting this
started?

I suggested including the newest version of check_nc_net (that I finished
this week) because of particular reasons:

   - It is fully compatible with the older check_nt, (I made only bug
   fixes to these checks that the original check_nt preforms) So for the
   commands offered in check_nt it will work with any server:
   NC_NEt,NS_Client,NS_Client++.
   - the new command (-v OTHER) that allows for issuing any command to
   the server side.
   - A more comprehensive help system by using --help=<-v command>  this
   gives help on the particular command.
   - It is easier to Nagios users that want to use any of the
   enhancements that NC_NEt offers, by already having the plugin compile with
   the Nagios Plugins. (while still preserving the old check_nt)
   - I also added a switch that allows for output to extend beyond the
   1249 bytes (for when server side has extended outputs)

once again, thank you for the responce.
I suggested its addition because I thought it would be benifit to Nagios
comunity.

Tony (Author of NC_Net)
tony at montitech.com