[Nagiosplug-devel] Feature Request: Check_cluster2

Mark Eisenblaetter mark.eisenblaetter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:49:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

will it be possible to use both minimm and maximum at the same time?
In my case it would be the same problem with minimum or maximum.

So I would prefer the ranges like check_procs, to be able to alert
both maximum and minimum?

Mark.

On 4/12/07, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca> wrote:
> On 11/04/07 05:36 AM, Matthias Eble wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> >> I'm not sure what you're trying there, and not even sure how this plugin
> >> was intented to be used... Could be of great use for Nagios3 because you
> >> can get the status codes of other host/services as macros, but how are
> >> you supposed to use it otherwise?
> >
> > status codes of other services are already available in Nagios 2.x They
> > are called "On Demand Macros" in the docs.
> >

> > The problem with the OK States is caused by check_cluster2's lack of
> > range thresholds (like eg check_procs has). Maybe he wants to alert on
> > split brain scenarios when a service is up on multiple nodes..
>
> I'm getting it now... It would be easy to add -W and -C that would:
> "Specifies the maximum number of hosts or services in cluster that can
> be in a OK state before returning a WARNING/CRITICAL status level".
>
> I'll do it only if we agree to include it in the main distribution.
> Shall we keep the name "check_cluster2"? I think the "2" may confuse new
> users, though renaming it to "check_cluster" would confuse old users.
> Damn ;)
>
> > Has anyone an idea why check_cluster2 is in contrib? To me it's quite a
> > useful plugin for every nagios user.
>
> Considering that it's simple, well written (authored by Ethan BTW) and
> very useful for clusters I'd vote for including it.
>

> Thomas

Mark Eisenblätter
Geissendoerfer & Leschinsky GmbH
www.gl-sytemhaus.de