[Nagiosplug-devel] !nrpe

Carl Ekman carl.ekman at op5.se
Fri May 4 20:36:31 CEST 2007

Thanks Thomas,

sounds a bit like the fish kioslave for KDE file transfers then... I know from
experience that it works very well, but my aim here is to be fairly strict
with only requiring single unix specification/unix98/posix or similar for the
monitored client... the real target is to work just as well with solaris 8 as
with hp/ux, aix, 10 year old linux as with the latest and fanciest...

I've run into stuff like how NRPE relies on gcc instead of for instance ANSI C
and that messes things up with AIX native compiler... Just an example.
Requiring perl would be a similar disadvantage.

So, it's not what I want to do, but thank you very much for your input!

Cheers,
Carl Ekman

--

op5 AB