[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-1181554 ] 1.4-3: Bug incheck_tcp

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed May 30 05:45:13 CEST 2007

On 29/05/07 03:24 PM, Matthias Eble wrote:

> That was my intention, too, except that i used the flags
> FLAG_TIME_WARN/CRIT istead of >0. I think that's what the flags are good
> for (I checked it in a few minutes ago).

You're right. I just has a very quick look at it and I replied because I
thought you didn't understand what was the problem...

I looked at your commit and I still have one comment. Where the
thresholds are hard-coded (0), I'd either use the real thresholds
(actually remove teh if/else) or always set the parameter as FALSE. It's
the same thing as the other place; either print a real threshold or
print nothing, but we shouldn't always print 0.

I believe the original idea was to be able to "know" the state of the
service by using the perfdata. This isn't consistent anymore now you
test for the flag, and IMHO reverting to the old behavior for match==-2
is a hack; the perfdata isn't proper way to deduct services status*.

Many thanks Matthias; your work on the tracker items is greatly appreciated!

Thomas

* Maybe this could change... like adding a "state=n" parameter...