[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios::Plugin perl module integrated into SVN

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Sat Sep 15 21:04:52 CEST 2007

On 15 Sep 2007, at 16:17, Holger Weiss wrote:

> * Ton Voon <ton.voon at altinity.com> [2007-09-13 12:50]:
>> It is currently optional, though I would expect to make it default to
>> install in future (though you will still be able to disable).
>>
>> Any feedback?
>
> Out of curiosity, why should disabling N::P remain supported in the
> future?  Don't we want to use it in our own Perl plugins?

Yes, I'd expect all our perl plugins to use N::P.

The disabling is for package maintainers as they may want to install
N::P into system directories (via other policies) instead of Nagios
directories.

>> I think a release is probably in order soon, because Holger and
>> Thomas have fixed quite a few problems.
>
> Matthias, don't you want to commit your libradisclient-ng support for
> check_radius[*]?  I guess that would make quite a few users happy.
>
> Apart from that, a new release sounds good to me.  Next to the bug
> fixes, I'd guess the unicast support for check_dhcp will be useful for
> quite a few sites.  I'll leave my "configurable output format"
> stuff for
> the next release.  I guess apart from me there's nobody really _that_
> interested in this feature anyway ;-)

Sounds good. I'm thinking that this is a 1.4.10. Maybe make the
default install N::P and "configurable output format" as 1.5.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725