[Nagiosplug-devel] change default "check_by_ssh" output unit‏

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Dec 17 16:08:29 CET 2009

On Dec 17, 2009, at 7:43 AM, giuseppe furlan wrote:

> hello all,
> I'm using Nagios with "check_by_ssh" plugin to monitor threads and jdbc connections on my linux machines.
> Apparently this plug-in catches my integer values (threads count, db connections etc) and convert them to percent values.
> The result is a Nagios' graph with % unit instead of decimal unit.
> I've checked the plugin's options but unit option is not implemented.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a patch to change the default graph % unit with a decimal unit.

check_by_ssh doesn't do any of this. It has no understanding of units or % or anything. It simply passes the output of the plugin it executes back to nagios as it was received. You either need to look at the output of the plugin that check_by_ssh is executing or the options for whatever you have that's doing the graphing.

--
Marc