[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios and JAVA plugins

Massimiliano Ziccardi massimiliano.ziccardi at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:53:57 CEST 2013

Hi all.

I write here to ask you all for a suggestion. Some year ago I started an
open source project called JNRPE (http://jnrpe.sourceforge.net) that allows
to easily write Nagios plugins using JAVA and is fully compatible with
check_nrpe.

JNRPE is bundled with some plugin : at the moment all the plugins use the
old range format ([@]start:end).

Since I'm in the process of releasing version 2.x, my question is: do you
think it would be better to keep using the old range format or would be
better to use the new threshold specification (
http://nagiosplugins.org/rfc/new_threshold_syntax)?

I've already implemented all the classes needed to parse the new syntax,
but I'm not sure that it would be a good idea (most Nagios plugin uses the
old format and I didn't want to diverge too much!).

Thank you,
Massimiliano