[Nagiosplug-help] Citrix plugin - question

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Mon Dec 16 01:23:04 CET 2002

I don't see the problem here. Server 1 is down, so he fails to deliver
an application list. So if you query him directly, the plugin will
fail. This is normal. However, if you query the subnet through a
broadcast instead of asking Server 1 directly, server 2 provides the
application list. This is normal and the preferred way of using the
plugin, as your clients will do the same.

Now you tell me why a broadcast on the subnet is not the correct way
to monitor your Citrix setup, because I'm afraid I don't understand
what the issue is here. Either you query Server 1 directly and then
the plugin will fail, or you query the subnet, and then Server 2 will
take over.

Please enlighten me, because I fail to see the 'weirdness'.