[Nagiosplug-help] Compile Problem on Solaris 8

Robert bobb Crosbie bobb+nagiosplug-help at redbrick.dcu.ie
Fri Jul 5 18:52:02 CEST 2002

Jerome Tytgat hath declared on Friday the 05 day of July 2002  :-:
> I have exactly the same problem on solaris 7 after I've installed GNU make.
>
> Someone can points us to the good direction ? (see my othe post for
> configure output)

Is GNU make installed as ``make'' or ``gmake'' on your solaris system?
(its ``gmake'' on mine), if its ``gmake'' make sure you use that.
i.e.

`` gmake all ''

or perhaps even use the full path to be sure...

`` /opt/sfw/bin/gmake all ''

> > $ make all
> > cd . &&
> > /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `end of file' unexpected

This would indicate that Solaris make cannot understand the syntax of
GNU make.

- bobb