[Nagiosplug-help] Compile Problem on Solaris 8

Mike Barrett mike at daboyz.org
Sun Jul 7 22:49:02 CEST 2002

I am using gnu's make, along with gcc.  Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  I'm obviously no make guru.:

$ make -v
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
        PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

        Report bugs to <bug-make at gnu.org>.

$ make
cd . &&
/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `end of file' unexpected
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 2

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 02:51:22AM +0100, Robert bobb Crosbie wrote:
> > > $ make all
> > > cd . &&
> > > /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `end of file' unexpected
>
> This would indicate that Solaris make cannot understand the syntax of
> GNU make.
>

> - bobb

                Mike Barrett | "I used to read, now I go to raves."
             mike at daboyz.org | -- Random MUNI Rider, speaking
              www.daboyz.org |    to my friend Allison.