[Nagiosplug-help] How to monitoring Proxy ?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Sun Jul 14 06:08:03 CEST 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Jaime Elias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to be monitoring  a proxy server, sometimes these proxy return all
> request with '500 Internal Error'
>
> I tried check using check_tcp -p and check_http -p , in both cases I've got
> ok as return, because the proxy was running, but with error.
>
> Someone can tell me How I can do these ?

Does the following help -  ARG1 is the port the proxy server is running
on.. and ARG2 is a complete URL

# This is a command for checking squid proxy servers which uses check
# reply to ensure an HTTP 200 comes back ..... i.e. squid actually
# serves the page and not an error message.

command[check_squid]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_reply $HOSTADDRESS$
-p $ARG1$  -s 'GET $ARG2$ HTTP/1.0\n\n' -e 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK'

--

-sg