[Nagiosplug-help] check_hpjd plugin for Nagios

Erik Spigle erik-spigle at mihlfeld.com
Fri Jul 26 08:37:01 CEST 2002

Greetings

I am attempting to use the check_hpjd plugin for nagios and am coming up with no luck at all.  I have tried a few of our printers with various model JetDirect servers.  I am currently just testing the plugin alone at the command prompt and I get this response back:

Timeout: No response from 192.168.0.91

This is using the -H swich to specify host, and I've toyed around with the -C switch, which I think is my problem.  Querying help says that -C is to specify The SNMP community name.  I have absolutely no clue what that is.  I know the printer is up and find as it pings fine.  I need a little help as to what exactly the -C switch is to be directed at.

Thanks!

Erik