[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk doesn't work for me

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon Nov 11 14:53:03 CET 2002

Your service config indicates that you are querying the local system for
check_disk

Your other configs - load, proc (NOT ping, smtp) are also incorrect f the
follow the same format.  You will probably find that all your systems have
exactly the same load and process count.

PING and SMTP are tested over the network and are not affected by
"local"/"remote" system issues.

Even though you have installed the plugins on the other systems, nagios
has no way to login to the system to excute the plugin and parse the
results. You need to configure NRPE or check_by_ssh to allow nagios to
retrieve remote system's local results.

http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=59

-sg