[Nagiosplug-help] problems compiling plugins, 1.3 beta1

John Murray jtm at fatcoder.com
Tue Oct 29 11:25:03 CET 2002

	Am working on a x86 with SuSE 8.1 installed.  Have been able to make and
install nagios, but when I attempt to compile the plugins, I get the
following error:

cd . && /usr/bin/aclocal
cd . && /usr/bin/automake --gnu Makefile
automake: configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

As a side note, I had some previous problems with getting this to work, but
was related to installation of autoconf, which seems to be fixed now.