[Nagiosplug-help] problems with check_hpjd plugin

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Mon Sep 23 10:01:03 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 12:07:27PM -0400, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> > > looks like a problem in check_hpjd calling snmpget.  perhaps a recompile
> > > or looking thru the strace output to see if anything odd stands out.
> > I have just now tried recompiling it, but that did not help either. I
> > guess I am going to have to look through the strace output!
> > Just for fun, I have found the OIDs used by Jetdirect in check_hpjd.c
> > but I can't seem to get any real responses using snmpget.. what would
> > the correct snmpget options be?
> snmpget -m : -v 1 -c community printername oid.0,oid.0,oid.0
> where oid.0 are the OIDS from the source appended by a ".0"

root at gabriel ~# snmpget -m : -v 1 -c itdrift admprinter .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.9.1.1.2.2
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: iso.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.9.1.1.2.2

> what kind of a jedirect card do you have installed in the 4100N ?

I've been told it's a 610 .. I am no HP expert, but a friend of mine who
used to work as a supporter at HP told me it was a 610 and that I should
upgrade the firmware, so I did that last week. He does not know much
about SNMP, so he can't help me further.

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41