[Nagiosplug-help] problems with check_hpjd plugin

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Sep 24 10:43:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:

> > > I have just now tried recompiling it, but that did not help either. I
> > > guess I am going to have to look through the strace output!
> > > Just for fun, I have found the OIDs used by Jetdirect in check_hpjd.c
> > > but I can't seem to get any real responses using snmpget.. what would
> > > the correct snmpget options be?
> > snmpget -m : -v 1 -c community printername oid.0,oid.0,oid.0
> > where oid.0 are the OIDS from the source appended by a ".0"
>
> root at gabriel ~# snmpget -m : -v 1 -c itdrift admprinter .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.9.1.1.2.2
> Error in packet
> Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
> Failed object: iso.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.9.1.1.2.2
>
> > what kind of a jedirect card do you have installed in the 4100N ?
>
> I've been told it's a 610 .. I am no HP expert, but a friend of mine who
> used to work as a supporter at HP told me it was a 610 and that I should
> upgrade the firmware, so I did that last week. He does not know much
> about SNMP, so he can't help me further.

Ok - so there is snmp running but not for the OIDs that were coded into
check_hpjd.

if you feel like testing - there is a new plugin in the works (bugs have
been reported, but not yet fixed).

http://guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~sghosh/netsaint/check_snmp_printer.pl

try the rfc compliant option on this to seen if you get any responses.

BTW- what firmware version are you running on the JetDirect card?

--
-sg