[Nagiosplug-help] Help with nagios.cmd file

Mahmood Zia Khan mziakhan2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 15:25:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have configured the nagios.cfg file to check external commands

check_external_commands =1

Initially it was working fine and I was able to re-schedule the services, but as I was restarting nagios it gave me an error that if there is a nagios.cmd file exists remove it, which I did but after that  but when I select a service from the web console and try to Re-schedule the next check of this service, I get the following error :
Error: Could not stat() command file '/apps/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'!

The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running, and/or Nagios may not be checking external commands.

An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.
When I go to the path where the nagios.cmd file should be located it is there, the permissions are given to the user nagios.  I re-installed and configured nagios again but the same error comes up! Am not sure what am I missing if someone can help me i would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance. Mahmood