[Nagiosplug-help] Help with nagios.cmd file

Andreas Baetz lac01 at web.de
Fri Apr 11 00:41:19 CEST 2003

On Friday 11 April 2003 00:24, Mahmood Zia Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured the nagios.cfg file to check external commands
>
> check_external_commands =1
>
> Initially it was working fine and I was able to re-schedule the services,
> but as I was restarting nagios it gave me an error that if there is a
> nagios.cmd file exists remove it, which I did but after that  but when I
> select a service from the web console and try to Re-schedule the next check
> of this service, I get the following error : Error: Could not stat()
> command file '/apps/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'!
>

> The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running, and/or
> Nagios may not be checking external commands.
>

> An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.
> When I go to the path where the nagios.cmd file should be located it is
> there, the permissions are given to the user nagios.  I re-installed and
> configured nagios again but the same error comes up! Am not sure what am I
> missing if someone can help me i would greatly appreciate. Thanks in
> advance. Mahmood

You could try to stop nagios, remove the commandfile (which might or might not be there)
and restart nagios. Then have a look at the permissions of the (newly created)
command file, it should be a fifo (named pipe), and should be writeable by the user
(or group) your webserver is running as.

Andreas Baetz