[Nagiosplug-help] Nonprintable characters in check_tcp

Darren Gamble Darren.Gamble at sjrb.ca
Wed Apr 23 08:31:20 CEST 2003

Good day,

I am attempting to configure the check_tcp plugin to check a custom TCP
service of ours.

However, the string that the check needs to send to the service contains
nonprintable characters.  I've experimented with a number of ways to escape
them through the shell on the command line, but nothing works.

I don't think there's any way to do this with the plugin, but, I thought
that there might be something that I haven't thought of (or if someone can
confirm that there is indeed no way to do this with the existing plugin).

Thanks in advance,

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP