[Nagiosplug-help] check_http Cannot map tcp to protocol number

Michael Gabriel michael at cwa.co.nz
Mon Aug 11 19:44:03 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I am new to Nagios and having a few problems with check_http.

When I test check_http as root it works fine but when I test it as the
nagios user I get.

nagios at server:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_http -H bravo
Cannot map "tcp" to protocol number
Unable to open TCP socket

 From what I've read on the news groups and FAQ it could be a
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.  I have played with this a little but with no luck.

Can someone tell me if I'm on the right track and if so, what should I
set my LD_LIBRARY PATH to.

I'm running on debian and the check_ping is the othing other thing I
have got to work so fat.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks

Michael.