[Nagiosplug-help] How to use SMS_Client with Nagios

Jan Rasche jan.rasche at interhouse.redbus.com
Fri Aug 22 22:44:03 CEST 2003

Hi ALL!

I have running sms_client on Debian GNU/Linux. It is working fine from
the command line
e.g:

sms_client eplus:number "foobar"

But I can not get it running from the Nagios. I defined the same
commands under

/etc/nagios/misccommands.cfg

     48 # 'notify-by-sms' command definition
     49 define command{
     50          command_name    notify-by-sms
     51          command_line       /usr/bin/sms_client eplus:number
"foobar"
     52          }
     53
     54 # 'host-notify-by-sms' command definition
     55
     56 define command{
     57          command_name    host-notify-by-sms
     58          command_line      /usr/bin/sms_client eplus:number
"foobar"
     59          }

/etc/nagios/contacts.cfg

     20 # 'nagios' contact definition
     21 define contact{
     22         contact_name                        nagios
     23         alias                                     Nagios Admin
     24         service_notification_period        24x7
     25         host_notification_period            24x7
     26         service_notification_options       w,u,c,r
     27         host_notification_options           d,u,r
     28         service_notification_commands
notify-by-email,notify-by-sms
     29         host_notification_commands
host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-sms

I added sms_client to the Nagios ownership and group
but also no change.

Nagios is suggesting that it is doing this, but there is nothing - the
modem stays quite.
Does anyone have an idea what I'm missing here? Is there a cfg entry
else needed?

Any idea?

Thanks, Jan