[Nagiosplug-help] Building RPM Red Hat Lijnux 8.0?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Feb 23 03:30:05 CET 2003

Hi,

I tried to rebuild the nagios-plugins but  ran into some autmoake errors I
can not resolve myself. (Being a non-programmer not that surprising I
guess.)

The output I get after trying to run aclocal as instructed:

Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.43645
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ rm -rf nagios-plugins
+ /usr/bin/gzip -dc /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/nagios-plugins-1.3b1.tar.gz
+ tar -xf -
+ STATUS=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ cd nagios-plugins
++ /usr/bin/id -u
+ '[' 0 = 0 ']'
+ /bin/chown -Rhf root .
++ /usr/bin/id -u
+ '[' 0 = 0 ']'
+ /bin/chgrp -Rhf root .
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,g-w,o-w .
+ aclocal
+ autoconf
+ autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `plugins/config.h.in' is created
+ automake
automake: configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
plugins/Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.6/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.43645 (%prep)

aclocal (GNU automake) 1.6.3
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3

The original packe is without the aclocal command but I added it after the
first error messages I got that told me moe or less to add aclocal:

autoheader: `plugins/config.h.in' is created
+ automake
automake: configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
plugins/Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.