[Nagiosplug-help] Still having check_by_ssh problems

Blair Rampling brampling at methanex.com
Fri Jan 3 11:40:06 CET 2003

I am still having the problem described below. The plugin is returining an exit code of 2 when it is run locally, but check_by_ssh is returning an exit code of 0. Does nobody else have this problem? Perhaps I am overlooking something obvious.

I have a number of things monitored by check_by_ssh. Even when the remote plugin exits with an error code other than 0, nagios shows OK leading me to believe that check_by_ssh is returning error code 0 regardless. I am using 1.3 beta 2 of the plugins and nagios 1.0. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? Thanks.

Here are two examples of checks that are returning OK when they shouldn't:

# 'check_remote_mem' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_remote_mem
        command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -f -l sysadmin -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C "~/plugins/check_mem.pl -u -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$"
        }

# 'check_remote_ps_proc' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_remote_ps_proc
        command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -f -l sysadmin -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C "~/plugins/check_psproc.pl $ARG1$ $ARG2$"
        }

- --
Blair Rampling