[Nagiosplug-help] Statusmap

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Tue Jan 28 03:05:07 CET 2003

Define parent/child relationships using the "parents" directive in the
host definitions.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#host

parents:
"This directive is used to define a comma-delimited list of short
names of the "parent" hosts for this particular host. Parent hosts are
typically routers, switches, firewalls, etc. that lie between the
monitoring host and a remote hosts. A router, switch, etc. which is
closest to the remote host is considered to be that host's "parent".
Read the "Determining Status and Reachability of Network
Hosts" document located here for more information. If this host is on
the same network segment as the host doing the monitoring
(without any intermediate routers, etc.) the host is considered to be
on the local network and will not have a parent host. Leave
this value blank if the host does not have a parent host (i.e. it is
on the same segment as the Nagios host). The order in which you
specify parent hosts has no effect on how things are monitored. "

Additionally you can define where you want your hosts to turn up on
the status map by using the hostextinfo directive "2d_coords":

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xedtemplate.html

2d_coords:
"This variable is used to define coordinates to use when drawing the
host in the statusmap CGI. Coordinates should be given in positive
integers, as the correspond to physical pixels in the generated image.
The origin for drawing (0,0) is in the upper left hand corner of the
image and extends in the positive x direction (to the right) along the
top of the image and in the positive y direction (down) along the left
hand side of the
image. For reference, the size of the icons drawn is usually about
40x40 pixels (text takes a little extra space). The coordinates you
specify here are for the upper left hand corner of the host icon that
is drawn. Note: Don't worry about what the maximum x and y coordinates
that you can use are. The CGI will automatically calculate the maximum
dimensions of the image it creates based on the largest x and y
coordinates you
specify. "