ODP: Re: [Nagiosplug-help] Checking for a process

Lukasz.Lesniak at gpw.com.pl Lukasz.Lesniak at gpw.com.pl
Wed Jan 29 05:37:02 CET 2003

Hello!
I am using ./check_procs for reporting number of running processes and I
tested now -C option.
You have right "OK - 0 processes running with command name ...."

I only know: check_procs uses ps command from shell but I don't know
solution.

Lukasz Lesniak

                    David Corbin
                    <dcorbin at machturtle.com>                 Do:     "Voon, Ton" <Ton.Voon at egg.com>
                    Wysłane przez:                           DW:     nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net
                    nagiosplug-help-admin at lists.sourc        Temat:  Re: [Nagiosplug-help] Checking for a process
                    eforge.net

                    29-01-03 13:23

I don't mean to be stupid, but ....  It's clear I don't understand  the
command line arguments.  I've tried playing with several combinations of
arguments, but they all yield "OK".   What should the arguments be to
verify that exactly one instance of the process is running?  (I think
I've got the -C part right, it's the rest that's causing me grief).

oboe:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_procs -w 1-1 -c 1-1 -C fetchmailx
OK - 0 processes running with command name fetchmailx

Thanks
David