[Nagiosplug-help] (no subject)

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Jun 20 22:40:03 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 22:56, Peter Schobel wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting/compiling the nagios plugins check_pgsql and
> check_radius
>
> I'm running nagios on a debian system and they only seem to have the
> netsaint-plugins package which doesn't include these plugins - i try to
> compile them but the ./configure complains that it needs the postgres
> and radius libraries
>
> postgres is installed on this system - (nagios is running on it)
>
> ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/lig/postgresql or /var/lib/postgresql
> doesn't seem to help

I assume /usr/lig is a typo

That should work, assuming the development libraries and includes are in
/usr/lib/postgresql -- I don't really know offhand how debian maps that,
but you can confirm. What does the relevant output from configure say?

> and anyway, if i want to compile the check_radius plugin, how do i do
> it? i don't want to install radius on my nagios system

Read INSTALL -- it should have a link to thhe radius client libs that
you need. You do not need to install radius in the nagios box --
wouldn't help anyway.

--
Karl