[Nagiosplug-help] Problem with check_dhcp

Ira Harkness ira at mse.ufl.edu
Wed Jun 25 08:34:03 CEST 2003

I found check_dhcp.c in the contrib directory.

I typed "make check_dhcp" and it made the "check_dhcp" file.

I then copied the check_dhcp file to libexec.

Added it as a service definition then added the two DHCP servers built on
that definition.

Did a "../bin/nagios -v nagios.cfg"

Error: Service check command 'check_dhcp' specified in service 'DHCP' for
host 'xxxxx' not defined anywhere!
Error: Service check command 'check_dhcp' specified in service 'DHCP' for
host 'xxxxx' not defined anywhere!

What do I need to do?

In the services.cfg I used this as the DHCP template

----start template----
# Service Template for DHCP
define service{
        use                             generic
        name                            generic-dhcp
        register                        0 ; keeps this template from being
registered
        service_description             Check DHCP
        check_command                   check_dhcp
        contact_groups                  admins
}
-----end template----

See anything wrong? Do I need more with the check_dhcp command... probably
something similar to the check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%

Thank you for your help!