[Nagiosplug-help] RE: [Nagios-users] How do you test a large configuration?

Rob Nelson rob at capband.net
Wed Jun 25 11:39:10 CEST 2003

>To the greated extent possible, I'd like to avoid discovering mistakes in my
>configuration when a machine goes down and nobody notices.  Other than
>(actually, in addition to) tediously desk checking everything, do people
>have any suggestions for checking large configurations?

If you want to see how your notifications work without having to take
services offline, just add a route that doesn't work

route add 10.1.0.1 mask 255.255.255.255 gw 10.0.0.23

Or add an iptables/firewall rule on the host to deny access from the nagios
monitor. That way the service is still functional for everyone *but* the
nagios system.

Rob Nelson
Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
C: 919-369-1874
rob at capband.net