[Nagiosplug-help] SNMP questions

David C. Kovar kovar at kealia.com
Tue Mar 4 11:57:10 CET 2003

> The command.cfg file in the plugins package has examples of calling the
> plugins and examples on checking system resources using check_snmp.

Greetings,

I've been working with these examples on and off for awhile now, with
little success.If you use the snmp_disk example in command.cfg, the
status is:

	Invalid warning threshold: 10%:,:/dev/sda2

The snmp_disk command, as distributed, uses $ARG1$ as both the argument
to -C and as part of the OID string and is clearly broken, unless I am
missing something.

Using the snmp_disk2 results in:

	SNMP problem - No data recieved from host

I got the snmp_disk2 definition to work by reworking the services.cfg
(which is an example that would have been nice to have), but all it'll
return to the user is the amount of space used and does not calculate
the free space available.

Anyhow, my point is that the examples are either wrong, missing, or
misleading. I know, buyer/user beware. Fix it and submit the changes so
the next person doesn't have to go through the same problem.

-David

--
David C. Kovar <kovar at kealia.com>