[Nagiosplug-help] Questions using negate?

Rose David DRose at snyderdrug.com
Wed Mar 5 09:41:19 CET 2003

Thank you for your response and input.  I have now used your script and it
has gotten me farther along than I have been able to this point.  Here is
the catch.  When I run this on the command line, it works just as
advertised, switching the return codes from 2 to 0 or from 0 to 2.  However,
when I run it in nagios as a command, either a Critical or an OK state on
the check_ping shows up as OK.  Using the same command, I get the following
two results:

Status		Status Information
OK			CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds
OK			PING OK - Packet loss = 20%, RTA = 245.95 ms

Any further input as to what I might do to get this to work?