[Nagiosplug-help] TRU64 Plugins binary upload

Voon, Ton Ton.Voon at egg.com
Thu Mar 27 06:14:54 CET 2003

Copying to nagiosplug-help. Can you please remove nagios-users group for any
future replies

We don't make it a policy to have pre-compiled plugins on
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net as we only really look after the source.
The main reason is that external libraries (SSL, mysql, snmp, etc) may not
be located in the right directories. Having said that, there are Solaris
packages hosted, but that is built into the main code and several members of
the team have access to Solaris systems.

Some people have hosted their own compiled versions (eg,
http://www.bennyvision.com/projects/nagios for the HPUX versions), but the
problem with these is that they are sometimes out of date and then we get
mail asking for support when it has been fixed ages ago. The plugins are
still in a lot of flux, so compiling from source is the best way. In my work
capacity, I work on Solaris and I only compile from sources - it makes
applying urgent patches a lot easier.

Ton

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Egg.
The Egg group of companies includes Egg Banking plc
(registered no. 2999842), Egg Financial Products Ltd (registered
no. 3319027) and Egg Investments Ltd (registered no. 3403963) which
carries out investment business on behalf of Egg and is regulated
by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England and Wales. Registered offices: 1 Waterhouse Square,
138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have
received it in error, please notify the sender by replying with
'received in error' as the subject and then delete it from your
mailbox.