[Nagiosplug-help] FileHandles and Perl

atonns at mail.ivillage.com atonns at mail.ivillage.com
Mon May 12 11:54:09 CEST 2003

This sounds like a symptom of common problem - the scope of filehandles. You
might want to create a typeglob to use as a filehandle, that way it gets
garbage collected when it is out of scope.

For examples:
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/perlfaq5.html#How-can-I-make-a-filehandle
-local-to-a-subroutine---How-do-I-pass-filehandles-between-subroutines---How
-do-I-make-an-array-of-filehandles
<http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/perlfaq5.html#How-can-I-make-a-filehandl
e-local-to-a-subroutine---How-do-I-pass-filehandles-between-subroutines---Ho
w-do-I-make-an-array-of-filehandles> -

I'm not 100% sure this is your problem, but is definately a "best practices"
thing when dealing with an embedded interpreter (or highly recursive
functions).

--
"Computer science is as much about computers as
        astronomy is about telescopes" -- Edsger Dijkstra
Anthony Tonns, UNIX Administrator - atonns at mail.ivillage.com