[Nagiosplug-help] check_ntp failing

Ian Burrell ib at onsitetech.com
Mon Nov 10 16:35:05 CET 2003

check_ntp is failing when run from Nagios and says it produces "No
output".  It works from the command line when run in the right
directory; or when modified to find the plugins directory.

Here is the definition:

# 'check_ntp' command definition
define command {
         command_name    check_ntp
         command_line    $USER1$/check_ntp -H $HOSTADDRESS$
}

1. Where does stderr from the commands go?  I am guessing the Perl
script is failing to run for some reason.  Without the stderr, it is
hard to figure out the problem.  I would think stderr would be captured
in the output or redirected to the log or go somewhere.  Having it
disappear isn't useful.

2. Is there a reason the FindBin module isn't being used to set @INC to
the path of the perl scripts:

use FindBin;