[Nagiosplug-help] Re: [Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios Help!

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Oct 15 08:11:06 CEST 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, "Becker, Björn TSDE Glückstadt" wrote:

> Dear Sir and Madam,
>
> I have a question to host dependence:
>
> Assumed rout precipitates, then it is logically behind routs (Router)
> standing
> devices likewise down is. Nagios for each of these devices only
> dispatches messages. That is not so good, because one loses fast the
> overview. Even if each equipment his dependence to rout defined,
> Nagios dispatches messages over the status of each equipment. How can
> I create myself there remedy?
>
> In are completely content we practice-struggle with the product. If
> one configured only everything.
>
> Yours Faithfully
>
> Björn Becker
> of Berendsen Group Germany

Please use only one list for a message.  Please subscribe to the list
before posting.

If you have dependencies defined for multiple devices on a router and are
still getting notifications for all devices when the router goes down,
then you will need to check the notification scheme.

Normally notification can be made for critical, warning, recovery and
unreachable.

If you do not want notifications from dependent devices, maksure the
"unreachable" flag is not set for notification on those devices.

--
-sg