[Nagiosplug-help] Check_nrpe

Mark Snyder Mark.Snyder at worldgaming.com
Fri Oct 17 07:49:06 CEST 2003

What is the syntax to send an argument surrounded by quotes?

This is what I want to run remotely:

./check_log -F /var/adm/messages -O /var/adm/messages.p1 -q 'The backup
site is down too'

This is one of the check_nrpe commands I tried.

./check_nrpe -H host -c check_log -a /var/adm/messages
/var/adm/messages.p1 'The backup site is down too'

This is the error from the remote machines messages file

nrpe[3781]: Error: Request contained illegal metachars!
nrpe[3781]: Client request was invalid, bailing out...

I tried

"'The backup site is down too'"
'"The backup site is down too"'
"/'The backup site is down too/'"
'/"The backup site is down too/"'

With no success. There must be something simple I am missing.